Veterinary Nurse – Flexible hours, supportive culture, recognition of skills.
HELPING PEOPLE, ONE PET AT A TIME.
HEIGHTS PET HOSPITAL
- Heights Pet Hospital is a Companion Animal Veterinary Hospital in Singleton Heights, NSW, offering gold standard service to our valued clients and pets. Pets improve our well-being, so we can do our part for humanity by caring for pets.
- Modern purpose built facility with great equipment including digital x-ray processing, dental x-ray, ultrasound and IDEXX in-house laboratory.
Small, friendly and supportive team consisting of 2 vets, veterinary nurse technician, 2 client relations, practice manager, 3 after school assistants and a clinic cat……we’re just missing YOU ! 🙂
- Regular performance reviews and catch-up’s, monthly staff meetings, daily all staff morning tea and an emphasis on mental heath support and awareness.
- Focus on animal behaviour and stress-free handling.
- We’re looking for a versatile veterinary nurse (or equivalent) with 3 years experience and an aptitude for reception and administration.
- Part Time position – 17 to 33 hours per week – hours depending on your versatility and covering other staff. May increase to full-time as the hospital grows.
- Start casual and become part-time pending a 3 month trial.
- Role split between nursing, reception and administration – ideally you can do it all which will get you more hours, but we can move people around for the right candidate.
- $25,000 to $50,000 per year before tax depending on skills and versatility.
- 10 pay levels. The 5 in the award plus 5 more for highly skilled and motivated employees.
- Daily morning tea catch ups and monthly staff meetings.
- Comprehensive protocols and processes.
- 3 months free accommodation….if you need it.
- On-going education encouraged.
Our nurses are challenged with a full spectrum of responsibilities. Nurse consults, puppy classes, training of students, x-rays, creating online content and much more. You won’t be expected to do it all……but you should be excited about the possibilities.
Receptionists are the first and last impression of the hospital. Answering phone calls effectively is our best method of converting new clients. Thorough training is expected before attempting this pivotal role.
In this role you will be responsible for stock control, ordering, follow up phone calls and facebook. Precise tasks will depend on your skills and aptitude.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Friendly with a great sense of humour.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Embraces opportunities for growth and challenging tasks.
- Brings their ‘something special’ to the business.
- Strong desire to show initiative and make a difference.
Singleton Heights is in the beautiful Hunter Valley, about an hour from Newcastle and a quick drive to wineries and 5 star restaurants.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY ?
- Do something that matters and be appreciated for it.
- Opportunity for better than award pay.
- Good work-life balance.
- Supportive team.
- Opportunity to learn, grow and take on responsibility.
Please contact us via email, post or in person.
Please include a cover letter with information about your life story, dreams and motivations plus a resume’.
Post: Att: Anthony Girdler. Heights Pet Hospital. 9 Bailey Cl, Singleton Heights. NSW. 2330